Monday 9 October 2017

examples of music videos in the indie genre using friends


 Yung Lean uses his friends throughout the whole video with the being in pretty much every shot, this would be similar to how I would like the friends in our video to be, as you can still make out who is the star image as the friends don't really take too much attention away from him. One thing I will definitely have different though is the clothing they are wearing, the clothing they are wearing could be confused with a grime genre of video, so we would have to be careful that the friends’' outfits suit the genre otherwise it would look odd unless we went for a sarcastic look/ where they don't acre as this could fit in with the genre.



In this video Loyle Carner uses both family and friends, however in the video they are all either singing or playing an instrument as if they are in the song. I quite like how he has done this however I think we would use our friends as more of space fillers rather than actually performing.



This video features the band having a party in an abandoned warehouse looking place, however quite a lot of the shots are their friends featured smiling/ having a good time I like this because it shows a playful vibe to the music video. I also like how they are in the background of the shots, I would like most of the shots with friends to be like this so they don’t actually take much of the attention away but they are kind of a space filler, it is important for the blank spaces to be filled as well because otherwise our video could look quite boring and as a result of this not very professional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

note to examiner

I hope that you enjoy looking through my coursework, I feel like I have progressed a lot this year and have learnt a lot of new things about...