Tuesday 16 January 2018

evalution question 2 first draft

Evaluation Question 2 How Effective is the Combination of Your Main Product and Ancillary Texts?


An ancillary text a media product that helps feed in/ support the main media product, in my case my main media product was my music video and my ancillary text would include the my digipack and advert. It is important that my poster and my digipack link with each other and the music video, the reason this is important is because if they are not linked together for a few reason it will not work, first off it will not follow typical media conventions and we have decided that we are following the majority of the basic ones however we have made some of our own. Secondly people would get con used, for example if you had different people on all three then you wouldn't know whether they're part of the same ting or if they are three random things with the same name by coincidence, with confusion this would effect sales of tickets and cd's.

The way I have had the advert link up with the music video and digipack is by using a close up of the artist on the inside cover, this close up of the artist also appears in the actual video so this is a distinctive image of the artist. I have also used the same artist on the front cover as ell however he has he back to the camera and is in front of a metal fence, this image has been used in previous drafts for the music video and I felt like it would make a good front cover. The image I have used for my back panel is one of a dark alley way with graffiti seen, this is the same alley way as the front cover therefore it links to each other instead of being random and our of context. Another way I have tried to link everything together is by using the locations that were used in the video to place on the digipack. Another key part of the media is the text font we have tried to have the font standardized across the all of the media products for our band, this will help people recognize the brand and therefore when they see this font will be reminded of the duo. 


My magazine cover again features my artist, the outfit that he is in is also used in the music video this is so the there is a correlation between the two, this  

No comments:

Post a Comment

note to examiner

I hope that you enjoy looking through my coursework, I feel like I have progressed a lot this year and have learnt a lot of new things about...